Monday 14 April 2014

Road To NS Part I

Had some time off, so decided to write another post even though I doubt few would read it hahaha, but for those who are reading it, it means a lot to me :)
After my first post, I began another stage of my life that very few had a chance to go through (not even sure if it was good news or not). Long story short, I was chosen for the second batch of the National Service and had to spend 3 months in a far off place, few hundred kilometres away from home. Well,  I barely lasted a week there but it seems people say that would be the toughest stage. For starters, shaving bald there is not something I'd be proud of but seriously, it's hard to locate everyone behind all the baldness. Well, besides waking up at 5 am every morning (the latest time u can get up or you're gonna get hukuman) and having class at 8-12 am every morning, everything else is quite nice....got 6 meals a day and some free shirts and shoes ^-^

         They're all pretty much covered up in a schedule, waking up 4 45 am and wash clothes that are starting to smell, go for a jog and morning exercise at 5 45 and have breakfast at 7 am. Then it's back to dorm in preparation for class (the things they teach in classes are strictly confidential hahaha) then, its lunchtime...meals there are normally better have with companions and thankfully I made some new friends there.

I've only been here for a week but it's been like a year, just trying to keep alive until the second week and see if things get any better


No comments:

Post a Comment